Two motorcycles and an SUV collided in Palmdale Thursday night, leaving three people dead.
According to the Palmdale Sheriff's Department, the accident occurred about 10:17 p.m. at the intersection of 10th St. West and Ave. N-8. Two motorcycles were northbound on 10th St. West, behind a Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV. The driver of one of the motorcycles lost control and struck the SUV, then struck the other motorcycle.
Riders on one of the motorcycles, Lancaster residents Zachary Elijah Swensen, age 21, and London Chae Ortiz-Stodgell, age 20, were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
The driver of the other motorcycle, Rosamond resident Michael James Cole, age 32, was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The Palmdale Sheriff's station is reporting that none of the three occupants of the SUV, all females, were injured.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Motorcycle Accident Issue: Is There Enough Insurance?
Motorcyclist accidents often result in serious injury or death to the motorcycle riders. Because they are unprotected by the metal frame of a vehicle, motorcycle riders are at the greatest risk of suffering severe injuries.
The issues that a personal injury lawyer will first look into in an accident involving the death or injury of a motorcycle victim are:
- How much liability coverage did the at-fault driver carry?
- Did the at-fault driver carry umbrella coverage?
- Was the at-fault driver in the course and scope of employment at the time of the accident, which would bring his/her employer's insurance into play?
- Are there any other potential defendants?
- Did the injury victim carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, and how much?
- Did the injury victim carry umbrella coverage that applied to his/her uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage?
If you or a family member has suffered severe injury or death as the result of a motorcycle accident, you should consult with a personal injury lawyer who will leave no stone unturned in searching for compensation for the harm caused.
McGee, Lerer & Associates is a personal injury law firm which specializes in catastrophic injury and death cases. We have four office locations: Pasadena, Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Long Beach. A lawyer at our firm is available 24/7 for a free consultation.