Santa Monica Personal Injury Attorney Se Habla Espanol
Santa Monica Personal Injury Lawyer Firm Overview Attorney Profiles Why Choose Us? Frequently Asked Questions Contact Us
Personal Injury Practice Areas
Personal Injury
Bicycle Accidents
Hit by Car Passing From Behind
Hit while Biking on Sidewalk
Car-Dooring Accidents
Hit and Run and Uninsured Driver Accidents
Bus Accidents
Car Accidents
Diminished Value Claims
Distracted Driver
Drunk Driving Accidents
Elderly Driver
Hit and Run Accidents
Rear-End Collisions
Unlicensed Driver Accidents
Uninsured Motorist Accidents
Back to Home
Dog Bites
Maximizing the Value of your Dog Bite Case
Injuries From Accidents
Degloving Injuries
Aggravation of Prior Medical Condition
Annular Tear
Brain Injuries
Burn Injuries
Children’s Injuries
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
Injuries to Elderly Accident Victims
Miscarriage After Accident
Spinal Cord Injuries
Vision Loss
Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle Loss of Use
Information We Need After a Motorcycle Accident
Nursing Home Negligence
Pacific Coast Highway Accidents
Pedestrian Accidents
Pedicab Accidents
Product Liability
Swimming Pool Accidents
Premises Liability
Truck Accidents
Vacation Accidents
Wrongful Death

Uninsured Motorist Coverage

View more helpful information on our blog

Contact Us

Receive an instant call back from our office
520 Broadway, Suite 350, Santa Monica, CA 90401

Get a free second opinion Watch helpful videos.
Click here to fill out a free case evaluation form Click here to request immediate doctor referral near you on a pay-later basis

Santa Monica Motorcycle Loss of Use Attorney

If your motorcycle is repairable after an accident: Get loss of use compensation for the dates it is in the shop

After a motorcycle accident, if your motorcycle is deemed repairable, you are entitled to compensation for "loss of use" damages, i.e., money to compensate you for the days your motorcycle is in the shop being repaired.

If your motorcycle is totaled: Get loss of use compensation from the date of the accident until the date you receive the total loss check

If your motorcycle is totaled in an accident, you are entitled to loss of use compensation from the date of the accident until the date you receive the total loss check.

Get motorcycle loss of use compensation even if you do not rent a replacement motorcycle

Even if you don't rent a replacement motorcycle, the insurance company must pay you the reasonable rental cost of a comparable motorcycle. If you are making the claim against your insurance company, you are limited by the policy limit of your rental coverage. If your rental coverage is $20 per day, for a maximum of 30 days, then your insurance company is only on the hook for up to $600. But if you make the claim against the other driver's insurance company, it is on the hook for the full amount of your loss of use claim, assuming the other driver has a sufficient property damage policy limit.

The insurance adjuster won't tell you that you are entitled to loss of use compensation

You will not get motorcycle loss of use compensation unless you demand it. Your insurance company and the other driver's insurance company won't tell you that you are entitled to be paid for this loss. In fact, many personal injury attorneys do not demand loss of use compensation for their clients.

At McGee, Lerer & Associates, our Santa Monica personal injury lawyers demand loss of use compensation for our motorcycle accident clients.

How much are you entitled to collect when claiming loss of use?

California law requires that the insurance company pay you the reasonable rental cost of a replacement motorcycle, even if you do not actually rent a motorcycle. With a typical rental motorcycle costing $100 to $150 per day, motorcycle loss of use damages can add up quickly.

Don't let the insurance company shortchange you. Do not sign a property damage release until you have received compensation for your loss of use.

Contact a Santa Monica motorcycle accident lawyer and learn about your right to compensation for the loss of use of your motorcycle.