On August 30th, our very own Catherine Lerer will be speaking at CAALA Vegas 2019. Hosted by Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, CAALA Vegas is the nation’s largest trial lawyer convention, featuring 20 education sessions. More than 120 of the nation's most accomplished trial lawyers, jurists and experts will present on a wide variety of practice areas as they offer up the latest developments in trial advocacy.
Ms. Lerer will be speaking on the Vehicle Accident panel on the morning of Friday, August 30th. As a leading expert on electric scooter accident cases, her presentation will provide in-depth insights into the following topics:
- Rules that apply to e-scooter riders
- Why shared e-scooters are so dangerous
- Why e-scooters are more dangerous than bicycles
- Geo-fencing and why it is potentially dangerous
- How and why e-scooter accidents are happening
- Who is liable when a pedestrian is hit by a scooter rider, including liability theories
- Who is liable when a pedestrian trips on a scooter, including liability theories
- Who is liable when a scooter rider is injured
- Draconian scooter user agreements
- Challenges with representing injured scooter riders
- Scooter malfunctions
- Common injuries scooter riders are suffering
A veteran in the courtroom, Ms. Lerer is well-respected by judges throughout Los Angeles, and her work in the e-scooter accident realm has earned her recognition from colleagues and clients alike. For a sneak peak into some of the topics she’ll be covering in her presentation, click the links below:
- Bird Scooters Are Taking Over Santa Monica
- Bird and Lime Scooter User Agreements: Do You Know What You’re Signing?
If you were injured in an e-scooter accident, don’t wait to contact McGee, Lerer & Associates.
To speak to Catherine or another member of our team, contact us online or call us at (310) 692-9582.